Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review(Mini): Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis

 Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)

Review:
I don't think I'm smart enough to have read this book....I'm not even kidding either. I recently wrote a review on my blog about a Sci-Fi book that did an amazing job about making everything clear and concise. Well, this book did NONE of that for me. I was just confused through most of it.

The Chronicles of Narnia work because all the underlying messages were told by fantasy characters and kids. Kids just like you and I in the middle of a war that is recognizable (WW2), something we all learn about in school. These kids take a very brave situation and make it look like it is something we could do if called upon. Out of the Silent Planet doesn't do that. I almost feel like we took a religion bomb and tossed it into Ender's Game and called it a day. It just doesn't work for me and I almost put it down and walked away, but I know this is considered a great work of literature and I didn't want to down it because I just can't understand it. -My Opinion- Bypass

No comments:

Post a Comment