Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)

Review:
 
:O



I can't even think after finishing this book. Can a finale book be both perfect and awful at the same time? let me explain what I'm thinking. I just read 600 pages of ups and down, twists and turns, tragedy and triumph, and I feel like I was just dragged through the emotional mud of all these characters. Nothing was left out here. I don't have a single question about how things ended or where these people went from that moment. Everything was packaged in a neat little bundle and handed to me on a silver platter for me to read and say "yep, that happened". That was wonderful. I am so happy that this is how a I feel at the end of a series. In short, it was perfect.

The "awful" part was I feel like this book toyed with me a number of times. I cried. Multiple times. Just to have it throw a curve ball at me and knock those feelings out of me again. THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!! You can't toy with people like that! There were so many things that I want to sit here and type about but won't because they would be HUGE spoilers but I felt horrible a number of times while reading this and had to put it down and take a break. I am not one to normally get overtaken by a book (I'm not a crier, period, let alone just from a book) but this one completely took me by surprise and knocked me around a bit by the end of it.

The ending was shear beauty and I couldn't have taken a better journey with all of these shadowhunters. I wish there were more coming from this series but I will have to be satisfied with what comes next from different characters in a different time and know that this trilogy was simply, perfect.-My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment