Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

 The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)

Review:
Way to throw a curve ball at the end of a series. Just as Meghan was winning me over, the POV changes to Ash and he takes off to find a way to be at Meghan's side while she is Queen of the Iron Fey. If I had a problem with Ash a couple books ago, that has been thrown out the window because what he went through in this book just to fain a soul will sooth any romantic to their own soul.

As much as it was nice to hear Ash's own voice after everything that's gone on, it was kind of weird. To get to the final book and then change narrators threw me a little bit and I was surprised to find myself wanting Meghan back in the story and in her head. Again, I liked Ash, it just seemed odd to me. Plus, I missed having the two of them together, but I know we had to find away to make that happen permanently so I understood why we had to go here and why he had to do it on his own, it was just strange.

I'm really sad to see this series end because it really was great. I know there's a start to a new series that involves her brother so I'll be picked that up next, but it will be sad to see this set of characters on the sidelines, but it was a phenomenal end to a great series!


P.S. I told you Grimalkin was loyal! -My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment