Monday, September 23, 2013

Review: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr


Review:
I'm not sure how to describe my love for this book, but I'm going to try to keep it as brief as possible.


GENIUS!
That is all.










No, seriously though, this book ranks up their with my favorite books of all time. It was dark, gritty, dangerous and everything you could ask for in a fairy tale. The love stories are twisted and sometimes down right cruel, always hard to figure out exactly how each will decipher itself. That doesn't, however, mean they aren't interesting. In fact it's the exact opposite. Ash, Keenan, Seth the Winter Queen, and Irial all have complicated relationships with each other that direct where the plot is going and where it isn't.

The world Wicked Lovely takes place in is another story in itself. I know it takes place in a real-world town outside of Pittsburgh, PA, but with all of these faerie courts running around town it feels like we are in a completely different world at every turn. That combined with the seemingly infinite amount of faerie types, and then their personalities added to that, your head will be spinning, but you don't get lost, or loose the characters in it.

Ash, The human who sees faeries is really someone I liked. She was tough but sometimes afraid, which is NOT a flaw. You can understand why she is afraid and to be honest I'd be terrified of faeries if I was in her shoes. Plus the way she stands up to Keenan is AWESOME.

Speaking of Kennan,

I HATE HIM.

I get he's the King of the Summer Court and been looking for his Queen for whatever amount of centuries, but I don't like him at all! He's arrogant, blaze and a complete douche! Pardon my language but I just couldn't stand him at all.

I'm really excited to see more from Wicked Lovely and what happens to Ash and Seth. I really hope they make it because I love them. I would really recommend this book to anyone who loves a good dae story.
  -My Opinion-Buy It!

No comments:

Post a Comment