Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Review: The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Children of Húrin

Review:
Alas, I think Tolkien and I are destined to be frenemies. I love all things Middle Earth, don't get me wrong, but it literally takes me weeks to actually read a book from him. Take The Children of Hurin as an example...I just finished....after starting on the 3rd of August....for me that is way to long to get through a story. However, I can't fault it because oh what a story it was! Middle Earth is always a fascinating place to read about and all the creatures are interesting in there own way.

This one takes us way back, way before The Hobbit and even further from The Lord of the Rings. In fact, I believe the trees in the Lord of the Rings actually lived in this part of Middle Earth before they had to move because of the big flood. It's always nice to get back ground information about a story and this story definitely shows what life was like before Bilbo and company tread on these grounds. This family of characters were just as fascinating as other fan favorites and the spirits and creatures sent by the Dark Lord were AWESOME. Did I mention dragons? I should mention dragons because the spirit sent after them is one and dragons make everything better! Simply put, another great story from Tolkien, and I encourage everyone to read SOMETHING of his....it may just take you a while to get through it. -My Opinion- Borrow it

No comments:

Post a Comment