Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Review: Glass Houses by Rachel Caine


Review:
I must say, I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked this book. Seeing as it is the start of a 13(?) book long series in the YA vampire genre, I really didn't expect much from it at all. However, I was happy with Claire as a main character, she was smart and witty. Even if she was a bit naive, she had a back bone and I loved it, she could have been a timid mess but she stood up for her friends and she didn't just quit and go home (which nobody would blame her for being so young and on her own). Instead she made great friendships with people I'd love to hang out with, got the attention of a guy who may just be worth it and grew up a lot....all within about 250 pages, impressive.

I also fell in love with Michael a little bit. He treated everyone so well and protected everybody he cared about even if he had some obstacles to work around, interesting obstacles if I may add. Even though he is around the same age as everyon else, he seems so much more mature and strong and everything that just makes girls swoon. I really hope we get to know more about him in later stories. Speaking of which, there were some things I would have loved to find out about both the characters pasts and presents, and also about the whole vampires-rule-the-town stuff but I'm sure we find out more in the next stories!
  -My opinion- Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment