Sunday, September 22, 2013

Review: The Dragon Witch by Drako

The Dragon Witch (Dragon Hunters, #2)


Review:
I don't think it's a secret that enjoy a good mythology story, and this book definitely had A LOT of myth. It has everything you'd want in a story of greek/titan proportion, all the characters you've probably heard about (i.e. Ares, Zeus, Cronos etc) with some that chances are people don't know like Hecate. I really enjoyed the world this book was set in, both mortal world and the different dimensions the gods live in made a nice way to transition in out of scenes and conflicts, while still providing a distinct idea that this is not a story based in one place but both Earth and the heavens and where else these characters ended up in. I also enjoyed the fact that this was very much an adult book that contained everything I love about a greek stories.

That being said I did have some trouble loving these characters. Mostly because of the fast paced nature of the story-telling. Don't get me wrong, I like that this book was flying, and I love that it had no boring down time to get lost in words. However, for being called "Dragon Witch" meaning (I assume) Victoria, I didn't get to know her as much as I think I normally would about a main character. I love the twins Demun and Brandon , their story was awesome but I wanted to know more about her. She is a kick-ass dragon/witch for gods sake GIVE ME MORE of her. I feel like she has the potential to be a character that could hold a whole series by herself and I'm not going to get bored.

Overall I really did enjoy this book and I would definitely read more about all these characters. I also encourage anyone to pick it up because there is bound to be something you'll find entertaining in it, and there are a lot of things to choose from!-My Opinion-Borrow it!

No comments:

Post a Comment