No one knows my secret. Ever since high school, ever since I started living in fear, no one has known the true me. But then I met him, and I couldn't hide anymore.
He became my hero, saving me from the villain of my past. He became my friend, his smile a blanket of warmth. And he scared me. Because he, this beautiful man, he might become more. Then he'd see the real me, and I couldn't let that happen.
My name is Winter, and what I desire most I can't have.
Flashes of the night I was drugged rush back to me. His strong arms carrying me through the streets of Paris. The feel of his heart beating as my head rested against his chest. The soft press of his lips against my forehead when he thought I was asleep.
Oh shit. I'm falling for the cowboy. Cade.
But we can't be anything more. He has his own secrets. His own darkness he keeps hidden, like the letter he keeps with him everywhere he goes.
The letter he refuses to open.
Two people with two very different pasts meet on a trip to Paris. For both these people this isn’t just a school trip to study, it’s a chance at escape. Escape from two very different situations. The things Cade and Winter don’t realize is that they are both running from pasts and secrets that may be different but they are running in the very same way. With those secrets locked up tight can they resist this attraction to each other? Or will Paris be too much for them to withstand and spill to the other what their past hold and the secrets they are so desperate to hide?
I fell in love with Cade and Winter from the very beginning. Cade with his cowboy life, the way he treats his little brother and his dreams of something bigger than a ranch in Texas and Winter with her nerdy book girl awesomeness, they both just melt your heart instantly. I could see myself in Winter’s shoes, the way she talks about her Dad building her book shelves until her room is full: which is exactly how my room is at the moment! Cade’s big dreams are another soft spot that really make him an approachable character. Taking into account that I did like these characters right away, when you read this book and find out all the other things coming on in their lives, it just makes it harder and harder not to love them.
The twist and turns this book take are the other half of why I loved this book. This story flip-slops for me from being that typical outlandish romance book to something do much deeper, and that was great! Having that romance was necessary for these characters to come together, but it breaks the molds by having Winter and Cade over come things they are afraid of and excelling because they are with each other. It had moment of seriousness along with parts were it brought the book back down to reality or a story that you can actually see happening. That ability to be grand but be grounded at the same time really made this an enjoyable read for me. - My Opinion- Buy it!!
Here's what other reviewers are saying about Kiss Me in Paris5 stars "I experienced every emotion as each character felt it. Every tear, every laugh, all of the fear, anxiety, and stress, I experienced every last bit of it. And even though this is a romance, there are tears. I cried more times reading Kiss Me in Paris than I did watching Nicholas Sparks' The Last Song. Kiss Me in Paris left me hollow when I finally finished it. I feel as if a piece of me was left in the words as I read. And for once, I have a book to call my favorite." ~Merumei on Amazon 5 stars "A timeless and beautiful love story that will sweep you off your feet, but it's also much more than that." ~Amy Conley, Amazon 5 stars "Beautifully drawn characters and stunning pallets that bring you in to Paris itself." ~Stormy, Amazon
Here are some of our favorite quotes from Kiss Me in Paris
- "One star breaks off from the others, shooting across the sky, a bright light trailing behind it, and I finally understand why people wish on dying stars. Because something always has to die for life to give birth to a new dream. "
- "Paris is pregnant with layers of history, colored with the ink of artists who dared to dream of a world only they could see."
- "It's like I'm giving birth from my mouth." [You'll understand this when you get to chapter 5. Then you'll pee your pants laughing.]
- "It's the nature of being human that, in our own blindness, we lash out and blind others."
- "I think of Winter, of her smile, her eyes, her arms wrapped around me, and I know where home is. It's wherever she is, and right now she is too far away. My heart has escaped my body and is walking Paris without me."
- "She opened herself to him, and, in that moment, she opened herself to the world. Let it hurt her. Let it burn her veins, boil her blood and scorch her heart. For where there could be pain, there could be pleasure and love. She would be cold no longer. She would melt the hearts of others, and in turn, they would melt hers. She would feel the full spectrum of emotions and cry. She would be human. And she would be happy."
About Karpov KinradeKarpov Kinrade is the pen name for the husband and wife writing duo of bestselling, award-winning authors Kimberly Kinrade and Dmytry Karpov. Together, they write fantasy, paranormal, mystery, contemporary and romance and hook readers into new and exciting worlds that will leave you laughing your ass off, crying your heart out and falling in love. Look for more from Karpov Kinrade in the Kiss Me series, Seduced Saga, the Forbidden Trilogy and more coming soon. They live with three little girls who think they’re ninja princesses with super powers and who are also showing a propensity for telling tall tales and using the written word to weave stories of wonder and magic. Become a member of the Street Team for Karpov Kinrade. Connect with Karpov Kinrade on Facebook. Connect with Kimberly online: Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Amazon, Goodreads. Connect with Dmytry online: Twitter, Google+, Amazon, Goodreads.