Sunday, September 22, 2013

Review: The Moon Dwellers by David Estes

The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1)

Review:
What I liked most about this book was that it was DIFFERENT! Yes, it is a dystopian story about what happens to humans when they can't live on the surface of Earth anymore, and it deffinetly is government regulated world with two characters that defy convention in their situations. However, the way David sets everything up from class-stystem to gov't head to the way people are treated for crimes was well developed and interesting. I was thoroughly interested in how things would look and feel like in a world completly underground and how they are segregated.

I found myself loving Adele, the main female character. She was strong and smart instead of weak and complacent. Even though she held a bit of vulnerablility left inside her, she was kick-ass and didn't take crap anyone, even if they were ten times her size. We need more characters like that in books, I'm so tired of the love-sick googley-eyed does in other stories. I didn't get to see a lot unfold in terms of her connection with Tristan in regards to this pain they both seem to suffer when around each other, but I'm hoping for more of that in the next books!

I really would recomend this to anyone because ther are so many things going on that I couldn't categorize into one genre, so check it out!!! - My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment