Monday, September 30, 2013

Review(Mini): Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)

Review:
I am a sucker for a good Greek God/Mythology story so it is no surprise that I really enjoyed this book. I also love a strong female lead so Alex really filled that role for me through the whole story. Quite simply, she kicked ass and never let anything get her down. No matter how awful things got or no matter how many times life just threw things at her she fought back. That's my kind of main character. Plus, Aiden? Come on. I don't even have to explain anything there.

I will say this though. I spent the majority of the book going "this is Vampire Academy" and it's true, it's just the story. Trainer turned love interest that's forbidden. I'm not going to begrudge it though, because let us be honest here....THE STORY WORKS! It's a good story line, it gets me every time especially when you have character you can really get behind like Caleb and Aiden and Alex. I know I've read the story before but I liked this twist. It added it's own elements like the gods and still gave me a story I loved. I can't fault it for that. A great book takes a story and makes it unique and for me Half-Blood did that. I'm looking forward to the second one!-My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment