Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review: Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts

Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1)

Review:
I'm not sure how to write this review...

Let me first say that this book is FANTASTIC! I was riveted from page one to the end and the characters are fascinating but screwed up. It's the perfect balance of F'ed up situations with raw feelings that will make you "aw" with compassion but wrinkle your nose in disgust at the same time. It makes you feel so many different things that it is hard to not love this book.

That being said, my hesitation writing this comes from the subject matter. At the end of the day, he kidnapped her. Not just kidnapped either, kidnapped for the sole purpose of revenge against someone who did the exact same thing to him.

THAT'S MESSED UP.

There is no other way to put it. It is NOT OKAY. I felt for Caleb because of everything he went through but to do this was not the way to seek revenge He took this poor girl into this by force and as much as I really want to him to get his happily ever after, this was unforgivable.

I loved this book but I just can't love the character. If your not squeemish with the kind of topics this book is about then read it, because it really was an awesome book. For me it just lacked a hero, or maybe a hero that you can truly stand behind. -My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment