Sunday, September 22, 2013

Review: The Star Dwellers by David Estes

The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers, #2)

Review:
The second book in the series did not disappoint! The only unfortunate thing was that Adele and Tristan had to spend most of it apart, but as they say "distance makes the heart grow fonder". I think that applies here.

After only meeting Adele's father and sister briefly it was nice to have them back in the story and going with Tristan to convince the moon dwellers to revolt against the sun dwellers. In particular her sister Esley and Roc's relationship seemed to be gaining momentum and I thought that was kinda awesome. I really love Roc, he is such an amazing person even though he is pretty much a slave to the sun dwellers (even if Tristan does not treat him as such). He could be bitter or angry but he isn't, he wants to be involved and be a good friend. I think I like him more than Tristan at this point, not that Tristan has done anything to piss me off either!

The thing I liked most about this book was that you got to see more of the world that it is set in. With Adele traveling to the Star Dweller realm to find her mother, you get to see the lowest caste system. If I thought being a moon dweller was bad....the star dwellers just make me depressed. The separation between the castes seems so dramatic it really works in the story. There is a clear distinction when you’re reading about the realms that there is no blurry line that someone might be one caste or another. I liked that because you understood exactly where everyone stood and how bad it got as you travelled down the realms. No confusion, no blurry line, which is refreshing to me LOL

I really like these books so far so I am looking forward to reading The Sun Dwellers! - My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment