Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review(Mini): Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

 Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1)

Review:
For someone who has repeatedly said that I don't usually like angel series, I do seem to be reading an awful lot of them lately.....I think for this book, what kept me interested in these angels was the way they were unique. They had a twist (and no I won't spoil it for you) that was interesting enough for me to look past the generic angel and see a whole new story for them.

Things went a little sideways for me regarding the love triangle between Violet, Lincoln and Phoenix. First, let me say I did love Violet, she was the type of heroine I enjoy (i.e. kick-ass, strong with a little vulnerability). My problem lies with the fact that I'm not buying the fact it IS a love triangle. At first Violet is all into Lincoln, but after everything that occurs there is a distinct turn where I am not sure she even likes Lincoln that way anymore. Lincoln, on the other hand, to me seemed he was never in love with Violet AT ALL.....I think he cares about her but not love. Phoenix and Violet to me are the couple and Lincoln is the friend she used to crush on but I can understand where the lines are blurred, because some of it is a little askew when it comes to their relationships. Not that it's a bad thing, it definitely keeps you guessing throughout.

I think people will enjoy this a lot, especially if you love stories about angels!-My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment