Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Review(Mini): The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike

The Last Vampire (The Last Vampire, #1)

Review:
For the first time in a while, I feel like I got a complete story....even when I know there are more stories to come. It was great to have a story about a 5,000 year old vampire that gives a lot of info about vampire origins, hero back-story AND then the story we are actually reading about having an actual ending with loose ends tied up. It was great!

I really loved Sita and everything about her character. Watching her try to navigate high school was hilarious, but the love story was still really intriguing, even if it was a multiple millennial vampire falling for a teenager. (Can this even be called a cougar? I feel like it should be a sabre tooth tiger or something?) Plus her "creator" Yaksha was intriguing for entirely different reasons. I almost didn't take him as a villain because he was trying to do the right thing, even if what he thought was right was even more horrible! Atonement is something that's hard to take in villains so it was difficult for me to hate him. -My Opinion-Borrow it

No comments:

Post a Comment