Friday, September 27, 2013

Review(Mini): Everneath by Brodi Ashton

 Everneath (Everneath, #1)

Review:
This was a really cool story that runs along the lines of the Greek myth of Persephone. Now, although the stories are similar, what made this book great was that it wasn't a copy with new names added it. It can stand on it's own as much as it can stand side-by-side with the myth. My only problem with it, was Nikki herself.

She kind of made her bed on this one and I found it hard to sympathize with her. I know Cole is tricky, and he convinced her to go to the underworld but it was her choice. She already had the awesome boyfriend and these relationships that she is now having to say goodbye to, and I'm suppose to feel horrible about it? I did feel bad for her, but I just kept thinking, you did it to yourself. I thought the story was awesome and the character fascinating so I'd highly recommend reading it, there was just something off about the character, but it doesn't distract from everything going on. -My Opinion-Borrow it

No comments:

Post a Comment