Monday, September 30, 2013

Review: Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher

 Stolen: A Letter to My Captor

Review:
I'm not sure how I feel about this book....

Let me back up and say that as a story it is phenomenal! It was captivating, intense, romantic, kinda sketchy and whole lot of polarizing, all wrapped up in a letter form. There are times where my emotions were all over the place and I wasn't sure what I really wanted to happen. All of my thoughts seem to be center around one question:

Do I like Ty?

I still don't know that answer.

Did I feel bad for him? Yes.
Was I rooting for him? Yes.
Did I wish a happy ending for him? Yes.

But he kidnapped her...

That's a problem for me.

I don't know if I can let that go so I can picture a "happily ever after" for them if the story turned out differently. There's just a ling of crazy that, once crossed, you can't come back from, and I can't decide if Ty crossed it. No, on second thought he did cross it, but it's just so complicated.

For me, that's what makes this book amazing. It makes me question something that should be very clear. I shouldn't be okay with him taking Gemma, but I think I am? And I think that internal conflict as a reader is why everyone should red it, it made it amazing. -My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment