Monday, September 30, 2013

Review: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)

Review:
This is now one of my favorite books that I have read this year. I fell in love with Celaena from page one and it never wavered. She is a kick-ass chick and she absolutely LOVES IT! Add her smart mouth along with her smart brain and she had my smiling at certain scenes like a lunatic! The only thing I felt I needed from her was back story. We heard some of it, like her assassin background, but not all. Specifically, her past before the King of Assassins found her and her mystery first love Sam. Those were question I had to find out before the end of the book, but alas I did not.

The two men in this story were intriguing too. Obviously the crown prince, Dorian, was fascinating because of his obvious contrasting personality to his barbaric father and the fact that he is a single prince(um...HELLO!) plus the fact that he never seems afraid of Celaena at any point. Choal on the other hand really held my attention. A lord that gave up his title to become a guard? Who is so serious but obviously hides passion behind his rules? Comes off like he hates her but then has moments of coy and heart with her? I wanted to know more about him than I did anyone in this story!! I am absolutely team Choal now! The prince isn't bad but there is just something about this captain that pulls me in.

This story was obviously a character driven book for me. Yes, the scenario that they were in was interesting and much different than anything I've read before. However, the characters are what really moved the story. You could feel their emotions on the page and they had their ups and downs all the way through. This book made me care about these fictional people and that's why I loved this book so much! -My Opinion-But it!

No comments:

Post a Comment