Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review(Mini): Othello by William Shakespeare

 Othello

Review:
This has to be one of my favorite Shakespeare works. It has everything you'd expect in a current hit book just with that poetry looking way that of course if classic Shakespeare. I know, I know this the tippy-top of all literature that is something every kid has to read in school because it's the best. Can I be honest a little? It's got 1800 YA hit written all over it!

Come on, it has a main couple who are sort of on the rocks as it is but they are manipulated by so called friends who turn out to be truly evil. It has scandal, heart, evil plans, tumultuous upstarts that are looking for power and everything ends tragically! All of this can be found in popular books all over the place. I think people are afraid of reading plays like this because of the language (and for good reason) but if you really think about it, it isn't much different than reading City of Bones or Harry Potter. I know some people are going to be really mad at might for the comparison but again, simmer down and look at it for what it is as a story, not this unparalleled work than can never be duplicated. Because I can tell you a few Gryfindor's out there that will say the same thing about their own favorites. -My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment