Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

The Serpent's Shadow (Kane Chronicles, #3)

Review:
I gotta be honest this has been my first hiccup in the Riordan world....


I liked the first two in the series but for someone reason I just couldn't get behind this story. It started off alright with them continuing their quest stop Apophis at another nome in Texas but it went down hill fast for me. I just couldn't engage myself with the characters nor the story. To me, it was just a copy and paste from the first two-we have to find x,y or z and save the world using our god hosts along the way....I was just looking for more.

I think a big chunk of my problem came from the characters. I like Carter but Sadie annoys the hell out of me A LOT in this series. I've never read one of his books and called a character immature but I would call Sadie that. She whines a lot and never wants to really step up and take care of her responsibilities. Percy Jackson wouldn't do that and neither would anyone else in his world. Which leads me to my other reason the characters seemed off. The supporting characters in The Kane Chronicles don't seem as strong as other series. The main lead always creates the flow of plot but the supporting roles are what define a Rick Riordan series and they weren't there for me in this one. I just think they were lacking depth and it really let the story down. With the ending we had in this one I do have hope for bigger and better things from the Kane kids but I was just disappointed here. -My Opinion- Borrow it

No comments:

Post a Comment