Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Ready Player One

Review:
This book became one of my favorite books of ALL TIME.

Not. Even. Kidding.

It sucked me into an America years and years into the future but with an obsession with the 1980s. Not just the 80s really either, but obsessed with all things nerdy. That part was pure awesome. I had so much fun reading about all the movies and video games that I knew and even more that I didn't even know existed or at the very least didn't know all of the information about the subjects than I do now that I read it. I have no idea how it packed THAT much information and topics into one book but it did!

Beyond the fact that it geeked out throughout the entire ~400 pages, the whole story was complete. <3. I talk about complete stories all the time and how hard it is to do but this one book did it without blinking an eyelash. You had all these characters that you found out so much about but also you had the real world vs. the online word to contend with. That could have gotten confusing and muddled FAST, but it didn't. All of the world inside the OASIS had so much detail you could almost imagine it around you. World + Characters= Gold.

What is also remarkable is the fact that the story line doesn't get lost in this huge world and quest. You have the adventure mixed with a little romance and a little morality all rolled into one book and that's why I would recommend this book to ANYONE. Even if your not into everything nerdy read this and you might just walk out being one! -My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment