Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: The Elite by Kiera Cass

 The Elite (The Selection, #2)

Review:
I feel like I have to explain myself with this review compared to the star rating I gave it.

This story gripped me the entire length of it. I love this author, the way she writes, and all the twist and turns this plots takes me along the way. The characters are amazing, the setting is thrilling and the competition if FIERCE! I am literally left opened-mouthed and immediately had to find out when the next installment comes out. (p.s WAY TOO FAR AWAY!) I just love these characters so much that I couldn't possibly not love this book.


That being said, I WANTED TO KICK AMERICA IN THE TEETH! This entire story all she did was flip-flop between Maxon and Aspen. WTF GIRL??? I could not stand the way she changed her mind every ten seconds and I felt like that was all The Elite was, America whining to herself about not being good enough for a crown and loving two men. She was a hypocrite for being mad at Maxon for the way interacted with the other girls when she was SECRETLY MEETING ASPEN! I can't stand it! To be quite honest I though Aspen was going to put up a way better fight in my own mind for her heart, but I just can't see it working out and nor do I want it too. I like America because she is a strong young women who isn't going to bend to be the princess a King or his advisers want her to be, but I needed her to get out of her own head in this one.


Oh, but let me clear. Prince Maxon saved this book from getting a lower star rating. I love him. If America wants to be fickle, I'm here.....call me -My Opinion- Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment