Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)

Review:
I feel like kissing this book because it does almost everything that I've complained about in other reviews, right! The world is amazing, the characters have depth and the love story ISN'T INSTANT! I feel like throwing up an AMEN just for that last part. Alina, the main character, doesn't understand her feelings at first,

Why can't she stop thinking about her friend?

Should she trust The Darkling even though she's attracted to him?

Then as the progresses she comes to understand more and more about herself, her world and the people around her. That is like a breathe of fresh air in this genre, to not have a heroine who is head-over-heels in love at first sight.

The world in this story is what really blew me away, after I got through my Amen-ing over teenage love. This story is a little dark, I mean flesh eating creatures are not exactly warm and fuzzy friends and this elite crew she got herself mixed in with are real backstabbing, selfish people. The whole thing is complete, however, from the kingdom and its' class system, to it's enemies, to the kind of magic they wield, it is all over the top fantasy, in an amazing way. Would I like to have read more about the world? Sure, but you can't help that when you have such a huge setting, but I never got lost , which is very easy to do when it is this big. I felt the kingdom coming alive while I read and that is a very rare thing for me to say! I loved it, go buy it and see why! -My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment