Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: The Thirteen Hallows by Michael Scott and Colette Freedman



Review:
  I was very nuetral with this book after reading it, which isn't normal for me. I didn't love it but I thought it had a lot of potential. In fact when I finished the book I just put it down and moved on to the next like nothing happened . I think what happened was I loved the idea of the story, 13 artifacts that can save the world as long as they don't fall into the wrong hands, but the characters just didn't cut it for me.

I was bored with the main heroes. Sarah was just a human, and not one that I could actually see surviving this story. Along with Owen, who really underwhelmed me in the male category, I just thought their interactions weren't fluid and they just seemed awkward with each other...and not even in a cute way. I think the villains may have been the saving grace in the character department but only because I like my villains bad and only bad. They were straight up evil and for absolutely no reason. I dig it, because I don't want to feel sorry for my bad guy, let's keep it black and white. Villains are bad and the heroes are good. Don't smudge them together and create grey areas that are too vague to interpret.

I'll say this, it reminds me of "I am Number Four" just take the alien aspect and insert magical elements. Not a bad thing at all, just not what I wanted. It also didn't take its' self too seriously, even mentioning Harry Potter at one point, which I appreciated. It might be your thing if you try it out, it just didn't hit me as something great. -My Opinion-Borrow it

No comments:

Post a Comment