Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review(Mini): The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

The Book Thief

Review:
This is one of the saddest books I've read in a while, but also one of the greatest stories so I don't want to chase anyone off with that statement! First of all, Liesel was such a great character for me, as much as I could never imagine living through everything she did; she was so real. She went through a million different emotions, she had her ups and downs and she made mistakes. That is the kind of character that people can relate too, and I certainly did.
  For me, this story was so different that it was brilliant. Being narrated by Death, having him be so fascinated by this one person and her written story of life, that was intriguing to me. The fact that even an otherworldly being would be so compelled by one story, is touching. Words are powerful, powerful enough to change the world and this book is a remarkable example of that.

I just have to say this, and I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but <when Max and Liesel were reunited that was one of the happiest scenes I have ever read. I'm so glad they got a happy ending after all the tragedy> -My Opinion- Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment