Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)

Review:
Not fair.

Nothing about that ending was fair!

I think I enjoyed this one more than the first one. It was action-packed and not held down by trying to explain an ENTIRE WORLD to me in a 400 page book. It was fast paced and full of action, which was AWESOME!

I'm using a lot of caps in this review, so I am terribly sorry.

The characters were brought into a better light and I felt like I got to know them so much better. Example?

Alec.

I am now in love with him. He is so much stronger than I thought he was coming out of City of Bones. In fact, I felt like he was a whiny kid in the first one, but now I saw him do everything he did towards the end and I can't help feeling like I misjudged him severely. I hope everything with works out for him and I think he will play a huge role in the Clave going forward.

What shocked me the most about this book was Simon and Clary....I don't want to leave anymore spoilers but I just could not believe that Epilogue... and I don't know how I feel about it. Hopefully everything will sort itself out in the next books, even if it means that the epilogue stands. -My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment