Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison

 Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)

Review:
I originally picked up this book almost a year ago, stopped reading about a quarter of the way through and could never really get into it, so when I revisited it I was highly skeptical if I would like it or even if I would finish it. However, I am glad I decided to start over and see it through to the end because I ended up enjoying the second half of the story. It just took me about 200 pages to get there.

My problem with the beginning was I was LOST. Completely. Lost. I couldn't figure out the world, what kind of supernaturals we were talking about and what the hell kind of organization she worked for. It was confusing to say the least. All of a sudden I had a witch with Tinkerbell on her shoulder making wise cracks and drinking beer. As the book goes along though I felt like a lot of that got ironed out and the story turned a corner for me and ended on a really good note. I thought the action was awesome and the story was really entertaining. Plus, the romance was H-O-T and didn't stop, I thought the chemistry was just outstanding and really drove it home for me.

I'd say give this one a shot and don't put it down like I did at first or you'll miss a very intriguing story! -My Opinion-Borrow it

No comments:

Post a Comment