Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)























Review: 
What I loved most about this book?

KICK ASS FEMALE LEAD!!

Oh man, I was so excited to see this. Katsa was amazing! She really was a complete, developed character that enticed me from the very beginning. She wasn't perfect, not by a long shot. She is stubborn, obtuse, makes mistakes and (despite denying it) has some vulnerability around her. However, that does not detract from how great she really is, I mean come no that whole mountain trip???? RIDICULOUS.

I really love her as a female character......but.....I did want to shake her at points. Mostly over Poe.

Your killing me Katsa, just wake up and love the boy for Christ sakes. He is obviously in love with her and treats her as an equal, not the usual medieval a woman-can't-do-anything-especially-if-she-is-married nonsense. He fought her as an equal, traveled with her and had faith in her and all she could see for a majority of the book was that trap she liked call marriage. Really girl?

I can not wait to pick up the second one and read more because I really fell in love with Katsa and Poe!!! -My Opinion-Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment