Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Review: The Shadow Thief by Alexandra Adornetto

 The Shadow Thief (The Strangest Adventures, #1)

Review:
Well…this book was…interesting. I don’t want to put anyone off to it, but maybe it just wasn’t my cup of tea. I think it had something to do with the way the characters and setting were talked about and the adventures they experienced. It was all very young for me.

I’m talking things like:

Drabville
The Great Guzzle
The Shadow Keepers

It all had the feeling of The Phantom Tollbooth or Alice in Wonderland that I just couldn’t get into. I think it was all fun and games but I guess I was looking for MORE. I can imagine this being a great visual story with all the fantastical things going on but I don’t think it translated to the written word for me. It was too much, been-there-seen-that. I’m not going to discourage anyone from picking it up because you may love it, but for me it was just not happening.-My Opinion-Bypass

No comments:

Post a Comment