Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare


Review:
 This book threw so many different emotions at me at times I had take a deep breathe and give myself a break.......which means I LOVED IT! There were total extremes in the highs and lows that it always kept you guessing right down to the very last page. The plot of Valentine's finally comes to a peak in Idris, the home of all Shadowhunters, itself and of course Clary, Jace, Simon and all the rest are right in the middle of it.

I was happy to see that the downworlders were going to be a part of this Shadowhunter story, instead of just being either thrown into it or on on the outskirts. I felt like this was a long time coming in this series, even though they've always been a large part of the plots, they never felt invested in what was going on until now. Plus, that gave characters I really love like Luke, Maia, Magnus and Raphael(but now I'm pissed at him!) to come to the forefront of the story and really shine. Clary and Jace were still the main focus, but it was nice to see deeper into who these other characters truly are, not just little snippets.

Now, don't read any further if you haven't read it because these are the parts that really got me:

<I nearly lost it when Max died. LOST. IT. It was nice to see more of Isabelle, but what happened was just tragic. However, I am team Isabelle/Simon. THAT needs to happen!>

<When Magnus and Alex kissed I felt like raising my arms in a touchdown signal. It's about freaking time!!!!>

<Then there was the whole Clary and Jace not being siblings thing. THANK. GOD. After 3 books it was getting kinda weird>

I am picking up the next one to read right now! Love this Series!- My Opinion- Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment