Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: The Good, The Bad and The Undead by Kim Harrison

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)

Review:
THIS is what I was talking about in my review for the first in the series Dead Witch Walking. It was SO much better than the first! Where I found DWW boring at first and little confusing, this second installment took off running and never stopped. There was so much action packed into this one that you had your head spinning by the end of it and the characters were just awesome. I do like Rachel's sense of humor and general sassy-ness which I thought played out better here than in the last one.

I also love books that have multiple species of supernatural so this world is really knocking my socks (if you pardon my horrible phrase). It has everything from witches and vampires to pixies and demons. The way it interacts with the human world is just fascinating as well. I really have never read anything quite like the world written in this series. I'd almost call it half dystopian or alternative history because of the way supernaturals are known and live separately but within the human world. It really is just fascinating and if you only read it for one reason that would be my recommendation.-My Opinion-Borrow it

No comments:

Post a Comment