Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mini Review: Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Blurb:
Two misfits.
One extraordinary love.

Eleanor
... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.

Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park.

Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try.
 


Review:

To be quite honest with you, I liked this story a lot but I don't get all the hype that is associated with the book. I loved the fact that Eleanor is this average girl that comes from a broken home and has to struggle with bullies and other things. I loved that Park was the type of guy that saw through that after some time and they both fell in love. I guess my problem was there was really nothing spectacular that happened. Sure, they went through some tough situations but that ending nearly killed me. It was such a let down that I thought there had to be something MORE. I gave it for 3 stars because it was beautifully written and it was a story that I think everyone can relate too, I just expected more out of it, and didn't get what I wanted. - My Opinion- *** 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment