Sunday, June 8, 2014

Review: One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost



Blurb:
You can run from the grave, but you can’t hide…

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She’s still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.

Being around Bones awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline rush of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head—wanted: dead or half-alive—means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard Cat tries to keep things professional between them, she’ll find that desire lasts forever…and Bones won’t let her get away again. Original.


Review:

Not even going to lie, at the end of the first book in this series I was had this horrible feeling that because Cat ran away from Bones we were going to get a second book much like the Twilight series in which my favorite character and the ONLY love interests meant for our heroine disappears and I hate it. I am happy to report, I was so very wrong and let out a sigh of relief when our sexy Brit turns up promptly near the beginning of the story and doesn't go anywhere! In fact I was quite taken back by my 180 degree turn around in regards to Cat in general.

I felt like she lost the one thing I found annoying enough to turn me off on her as the main character to begin with. That flaw was her constant hardheadedness when it comes to all vampires being evil. In Halfway to the Grave she does a lot of preaching and I got annoyed with her quite a bit because of her failure to see that all vamps are not created equal. One Foot in the Grave, however, we find a much more agreeable Cat when it comes to the moral vices of bloodsuckers to the point where she actually tries to defend them against her human team of secret service agents. I loved it! I was so on the Cat train in this mostly because she has clearly grown up and instead of being whiny bigot she is more of a logical woman, who can still kick your ass.

Bones of course is back and that makes me so very happy. He is the strong male lead that can match Cat in every way, while still adding some sarcastic humor and pure alpha male needed to keep me interested in a 200+ year old vampire. For me, he really makes the story so much better, not only with his witty nature and possessive streak but for the fact he brings a steady stream of other supernaturals into the folds of these pages as well. We wouldn't have Rodney the ghoul or Ian the crazy sire or almost all of the other characters that step into the path of Cat without him so I find him essential to the story.....along with the sexy romance between the two of them! I'm really looking forward to more of this series with all the unfinished story lines that we still have in play at the end of this one, so I'm excited for the these two to continue on....just no more break ups! - My Opinion- ***** 5 Stars!

Get it @ Amazon / Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment